Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Good God, I'm Pissed!!!



I'm mad, I'm so mad I can hardly type. I hope after reading this, you will be mad too.


Hitting the newstands on Friday, July 19 will the the latest edition of Rolling Stone Magazine. Not a publication I subscribe to or purchase. And I sure as hell won't buy one now.


The magazine will feature on it's cover, a photo of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. ( By the way, that's the only time I will type his name. From here on out I will refer to him as the "killer")


Now it's my understanding that the magazine cover is considered a great honor and has been basically reserved for legends in the rock music industry. Some of the greatest rock musicians in history have graced that cover.


So, what the hell is that killer doing on the cover? I can tell you .......he is going to sell a lot of magazines for Rolling Stone. And why will people buy that magazine with his picture on it? Simple.....


We are all looking for answers. Everyone wants to know why 2 young men with their lives ahead of them, would do such a unspeakable act? How could they deliberately kill so many innocent people? What did they possibly have to gain from this? Why did this happen?


Unfortunately, that article, and no other article, will be able to answer those questions because people....You CAN'T EXPLAIN CRAZY!!! It's that simple. They may be intelligent but they are CRAZY!!!


There is no explanation for something like this. There is no excuse, not religion, not politics, not revenge, not money, NOTHING explains something like this except CRAZY!!!


And so, what do we do? We continue to ask and in the meantime, we feed the egos of these killers by giving them this notoriety. We buy into the idea that we must have the knowledge to prevent another such tragedy. You can't FIX CRAZY!!!




What will the families of all the victims feel when they walk by a newstand and see that photo? Where are the pictures of the dead, the horribly wounded, the ones who's lives will never be the same? Why can't their pictures and their stories be on the cover of magazines? Bluntly put, it wouldn't sell magazines.


It's a CRAZY world we live in. I won't be buying that magazine, EVER. But I will be offering up a silent prayer for comfort and peace to every family that was affected by that killer. Damn, I'm still mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment