Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MenoPAUSE? 9-4-12

Good Morning,

The elephant in the room I refer to often is the dreaded MENOPAUSE.  Now first of all, I have a real problem with the name.  Meno PAUSE?  Really? ( I"m guessing that a man came up with this name.)  Pause?  That makes me somewhat nervous because it insinuates that my 'meno' is simply paused and is at some point, returning!  While there are days that I would welcome it back as compared to this, that also would really piss me off that everything I've be through was just some type of sadistic torture.  Sort of like being in a maze with lots of unpleasant experiences only to find that the only way out is right back where you came in.  Wouldn't a more accurate name for this lovely period in our lives be:  Menostop?

And then there are hot flashes.  Flashes my ass!  A camera flash lasts a millisecond.  These things go on for seemingly hours.  A flash indicates something that is over quickly.  These episodes should be called hot seizures.  Or maybe hot mid-life crises. 

How do you think the male of our species would react if they had to go through menostop?  They often talk about 'mid-life crisis' for men.  A crisis is when you are at the DMV, taking your eye test again and the young man behind the counter tells you to read the screen but you are in the midst of a major hot seizure and your glasses have fogged up so badly you can't see anything but you are too embarrased to explain this to the nice young man who hasn't a clue as to the near-homical mental state of the woman in front of him.    Ain't this fun?

Lobby your congressman and the medical community.  It's Menostop and Hot Seizures.  Let's tell it like it is!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better (and it probably won't) I've have some "temperature issues" right along with my wife. Something wrong with the temperature regulator once in a while!
    Very hard to explain to the young'uns as well, as you mentioned.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete